Monday, June 30, 2008

South Africa

I'm afraid it would reflect poorly on me if after spending two weeks in South Africa the only thing I blogged about were stupid American cashiers. So let me tell you some essential information about South Africa.
Instead of saying You're Welcome they say Pleasure. I assume the "my" is implied, or else perhaps it is simply a command.
They eat a lot of meat there. A typical menu will simply have a meat section where you can order the type of cut and the sauce. You can have sirloin, filet, rump, etc. And they often have multiple sizes. You can have the 200 gram rump or the 400 gram rump.
They have Appletizer. It is carbonated apple juice, and it is wonderful. It is hard to say it without laughing. There is also Grapetizer, but it is not quite as good.
Coloured is still used there to describe people who are born from one white parent and one black parent.

1 comment:

Tugging King said...

Does the Applitizer taste like bug juice?